[FFmpeg-devel] parse_packet

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jun 7 22:11:27 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 05:09:41PM +0200, Panagiotis Issaris wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how h264_parse_packet() is supposed to work,
> and so, I started looking at rtp_parse_packet().
>
> The question I have is whether h264_parse_packet() is supposed to return
> only complete NAL units or if it is supposed to return AVPackets
> containing parts of NAL units. Currently it seems to return AVPackets
> containing parts of NAL units if NAL units had been split across RTP
> packets.

h264_parse_packet() ?
my grep doesnt find such a function ...

> The documentation of rtp_parse_packet() says:
> """@return 0 if a packet is returned, 1 if a packet is returned and more
> can follow (use buf as NULL to read the next). -1 if no packet (error or
> no more packet)."""
>
> Do I understand this correctly to mean that if 1 is returned the RTP
> packet contained multiple parts which will result in multiple AVPackets?

i think so, anyway RTFS, dont ask me, my knowledge is just based on RTFS
when it comes to RT*P

Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty, and imitating what
is excellent in them. -- Plutarch