[FFmpeg-devel] Reworking the codec lookup system

Nicolas George nicolas.george
Mon Jun 11 11:51:51 CEST 2007

Le tridi 23 prairial, an CCXV, Michael Niedermayer a ?crit?:
> so why dont you remove it?

It is not as simple as that: just removing it would make the XviD encoder
unusable with the command line tool. And I dare say we do not want that. Do
do it without breaking things, the following steps must be taken:

1. Set the policy.
2. Change the way the command line tool selects its codec.
3. Remove unwanted codec family IDs.
4. Allow the command line tool to select by codec family.

Step 1 is addressed by the patch in my previous mail. If it gets applied, I
will try to address the step 2.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George