[FFmpeg-devel] pre discussion around Blackfin dct_quantize_bfin routine

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Jun 12 09:50:13 CEST 2007

Hi

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 10:58:00PM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my rough draft it works well with the small precision errors
> due to 16bit arithmetic, actually its the same (as far as I can tell)
> as the MMX quantizer. I ran my reference fixpoint against the mmx and
> it seems to work on the cases I tried, its 1 bit off which seems
> about right considering the truncation of the coeffs from 22 to
> 16bits.  Can someone look over my shoulder and give a peak. I know I
> have to clean up the codes a bit but I wanted to get someone else to
> review my work up until now.  I have used inline asm, Michael this
> should be pretty straight forward for you to get your head around.
> This doubles the performance roughly.

your code seems to ignore the idct permutation
try to set FF_IDCT_INT

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras