[FFmpeg-devel] foo -> libfoo changes

Ismail Dönmez ismail
Wed Jun 13 00:03:20 CEST 2007

On Monday 11 June 2007 16:45:19 Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> iam also not strongly opposed to revert the renaming and put it back under
> #if LIBAVCODEC_VERSION_INT > X
> but iam not happy about this, and wont do any work related to it except
> reviewing a patch

I don't understand what problem did actually foo->libfoo renaming solved. As I
said before there is no codec named libfaac or libmp3lame. The change not
only breaks existing behaviour but also doesn't make any sense.

The case of multiple vorbis encoders would be better solved by giving the
native encoder another name.

In the end you end up breaking lots of things then at least bump major so
version so that people will know something is changed.

Regards,
ismail

--
Perfect is the enemy of good