[FFmpeg-devel] [BUG] Linking error when using Intel's compiler

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Fri Jun 15 10:09:15 CEST 2007

Hi Carl,

Op 14-jun-07, om 18:51 heeft Carl Eugen Hoyos het volgende geschreven:

> Hi!
>
> Panagiotis Issaris <takis.issaris <at> uhasselt.be> writes:
>
>> I'm not suggesting to get the attached patch applied. But, it was the
>> only thing that stopped Intel's C compiler (version 10.0) from
>> linking
>> ffmpeg_g, which is why I'm posting it here.
>
> I'm using a similar change to compile mplayer with icc.
>
> Could you test decoding MPEG4 Video containing gmc? For me (=in
> mplayer),
> gmc_mmx() in dsputil_mmx.c gets miscompiled (?) and crashes (-On |
> n>=2) or
> produces funny colours (-O1).

Hm, yes, I forgot to mention that I configured ffmpeg with --disable-
mmx because
I got issues when doing otherwise. I was hoping to get it to compile
and work without
these optimisations first, looking at the mmx code compilation issues
afterwards.

With friendly regards,
Takis