[FFmpeg-devel] why does svn not work

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Sat Jun 16 02:13:16 CEST 2007

Op 16-jun-07, om 01:02 heeft nitiraj rathore het volgende geschreven:

> Hi all,
> I want to install FFmpeg. I have done following things but every
> time it failed to successfully install.
> Actually I am installing FFMPEG on windows using cygwin.. and not
> using minGW and Msys.
> Can i do that or i have to do it through minGW only.
> Using Cygwin. and installing like in linux :
> 1. First of all I tried to run many times the command for svn given
> on  http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/download.html
>     "svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg"
>     but it always timesout.
> 2. Then I downloaded the "full checkout" from the same page and
> tried to install the using the How to's given on
>     http://howto-pages.org/ffmpeg/
>     I have also installed the libraries : lame , xvid ,  oog/vorbis
>     but they too failed.
>  Thanks in advance.

As can be seen on the ffmpeg-devel subscription page, this mailing
list is intended for discussion regarding
the development of ffmpeg.

These kinds of questions should go to ffmpeg-user.

And as can be read here:
"... writing 'It does not work!' is remarkably useless..."

So, you need to give much more info on what went wrong.

With friendly regards,