[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg "developers conference"

Attila Kinali attila
Mon Jun 18 17:05:50 CEST 2007

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:27:43 -0400
"Ronald S. Bultje" <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:

> > it's quite hard to get visa to the US, at least for east-europeans...
> This is pure FUD. Tourists don't need visa,

Nope. Only tourists from a few selected countries (mostly western
europe, and vasal countries) do not need visas. All other need a
visa for the USA, no matter how short their stay is.

> only people intending to work
> (for money) or those staying for over 1 months [1]. Also, terrorists,
> convicted criminals and people from the nazi regime are inelligeble. I don't
> think any of this applies to a ffmpeg dev visiting a conference.

Having a slightly darkish skin, a few stubbles and you are elligble
for a full search, a few hours of lost time and a missed flight.
Though worst what you can have is being Italian, having a Swiss
passport and speaking Spanish.

				Attila Kinali
                         -- Deed of Morred