[FFmpeg-devel] MPEG-2 Acceleration Refactor

John Dalgliesh johnd
Sat Jun 23 18:43:03 CEST 2007

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 at 22:26 +1000, Nigel Pearson wrote:
>> nigels patch adds 34 #ifdefs to mpeg12.c
>> 2 of them being #ifdef __cplusplus
>
> If you mean the one in the body of my mail message on
> 30th Aug'06, it also had 5 VIA HW accel. additions,
> and two new files.
>
> So, I think the count for the Mac stuff is "only" 27
> in mpeg12.c. Still far too many, though.

The reason is that the Mac MPEG acceleration driver interface is at a
level above the XVMC level, i.e. you send it the decoded coefficients not
the whole block. This is good since less data needs to be sent to the
driver, but it is unfortunately not so easily inserted into the existing
code.

> I can't see us ever getting it down to 6 ifdefs
> with no duplication, though :-(

I might have some time over the next couple of weeks to have a look at it.
I'll see if I can figure out a better way of integrating it.

I'll point out 'tho that I foresaw this impasse from the very beginning
which is why I didn't make an attempt to get it committed myself.

{P^/