[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg.c/cmdutils.c compilation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Jun 26 18:00:58 CEST 2007

Hi

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 04:36:26PM +0200, Ivo wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 June 2007 15:19, Benoit Fouet wrote:
> > Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > > If you put a AVClass on top of SwsContext in libavcodec/imgresample.c
> > > (an empty AVClass, i.e. no options, should do the trick already - you
> > > could also make one that describes ImgReSampleContext, but since that's
> > > deprecated I wouldn't waste my time on it). I think that's the only
> > > reason it crashes...
>
> Yes, it is. When I originally checked the sws_opts code in, I put it under
> ifdef's (which later became the if() constructs) because the "emulated"
> SwsContext was not a proper AVClass so it would segfault if ffmpeg was
> compiled without swscaler support.
>
> I think the best way to fix all this is to extract all the av_picture stuff
> out of imgconvert and remove the already deprecated imgconvert/resample for
> good :)

you mean finally removing imgconvert/resample and making sws default?
or just removing the old API?

iam fine with both but there are some who will not like the first as
sws still contains some GPL code IIRC?

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad
people will find a way around the laws. -- Plato