[FFmpeg-devel] MMX accelerated DSP functions for VC1/WMV3 decoders

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Sat Jun 30 17:01:45 CEST 2007

On 6/30/07, Christophe GISQUET <christophe.gisquet at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
> the attached patch provides some mmx functions (pshuw from mmx2 would
> only marginally be faster) for those decoders. They could also be used
> in the encoder, but I didn't bother with this, as there are probably
> people more fit than me to accommodate this with the build system.
> Tests and benchmarks were performed on
> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/WMV9/highdef/Robotica_720.wmv
> I have tested decoding accuracy with a cmp (as I don't know nor plan to
> introduce this in the regression tests), and used the following command
> to measure speed/profile:
> ./ffmpeg -benchmark -i Robotica_720.wmv -an -f rawvideo -y /dev/null

I'm not the maintainer of this area, so all I can say is please add
doxygen-compatible comments before the macros, and please keep the
indentation of the '\' at the end of macros consistent (there's at
least on that isn't indented correctly).

Subversion has been the most pointless project ever started
  -- Linus Torvalds