[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Subversion upgrade finished - repository downtime over

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Mar 1 15:57:33 CET 2007

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 03:09:42PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 01:49:01PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 01:42:25PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm going to upgrade Subversion on the project server to version 1.4.2.
> > > Please bear with me for a few minutes while I take the repositories down
> > > to make backups.
> >
> > Upgrade finished.
> >
> > As always, there should be no problems (TM) and the upgrade should have
> > been seamless.  If you experience any kind of glitches, drop me a quick
> > note.
>
> could you post a link to a changelog or quick summary of what has been been
> changed in the latest svn version?

http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.4_releasenotes.html

Of note are svnsync, some performance improvements and a more efficient
way of compressing the repository.  I will dump and reload the
repositories next week, hopefully we will see some of the performance
gains in real life.  Disk usage is not a big issue, but reducing the
size of the backups that have to be sent around is desirable.

Diego