[Ffmpeg-devel] Live Video Again

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Fri Mar 2 05:55:28 CET 2007

OK all you perverts...

Time to peep in on my workstation.

I have svn 8176 set up as an ffmpeg/ffserver stream.

I tested it on a setup where the camera, ffserver,
ffmpeg and apache were on the same box, (1100 Celeron,
512M RAM),and viewed it on my workstation across a
LAN.

Now, ffserver is on a dedicated server in California,
(P4, 2.4, 512M RAM,) and on that connection I was able
to get a 4.5 M file from a Linux mirror in about 6
seconds. (wget reported  851.80K/s).

ffmpeg is sending the stream from my camera server to
ffserver on the machine in Cal., which serves it to
the web. Uplink is on a (Mostly Asymmetrical) DSL
line. On that line, a 4.3 M file took about 2 minutes
to get to California from here in Florida.  (scp
reported 39.6KB/s).

The clock in the picture is from:

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java

If you want to check delay.

It is online now, and I will leave it up for a few
hours whilst I go drink.

Thanks for fixing this.

Piero.