[Ffmpeg-devel] Video stutter in decoder

Cyril Zorin cyril.zorin
Sat Mar 3 03:27:44 CET 2007

Hi all,

Is it allowed to manually set the data[0] and linesize[0] of an
AVFrame? That is, I allocate my own buffer with av_mallocz, decode
video into it, and then take an AVFrame and assign the data[0] to my
buffer, and linesize[0] to my line size. Is this allowed? I'm trying
to do this but for some reason the (decoded) video stutters. On the
other hand, if I allocate memory for an AVFrame with get_buffer and
then manually copy my work buffer into that memory, everything is
fine. Any ideas?

Thanks..