[Ffmpeg-devel] WMA encoding and Windows Media Player for Mac OS X

Patrice Bensoussan patrice.bensoussan
Sat Mar 3 20:03:04 CET 2007

 >> On 8 Feb 2007, at 23:05, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
 >>
 >> >Hi

Any idea
Media

 >> >hmmmm :(
 >> >does it work if you mux into .avi ?
 >>
 >> Believe it or not, Windows Media Player doesn't play .avi files on
 >> Mac ;-)
 >>
 >> >does it work if you -acodec copy a working wma into .asf ?
 >>
 >> No, same problem. The interesting thing is when doing this, the
 >> original file shows:
 >>
 >> Length: 00:35
 >> Bit Rate: 160 Kbps
 >> Media Type: Audio
 >> Audio Codec: Windows Media Audio V8
 >> Video Codec: Unknown
 >>
 >> whereas the .asf generated with -acodec copy shows:
 >>
 >> Length: 00:34
 >> Bit Rate: 160 Kbps
 >> Media Type: Audio
 >> Audio Codec: Unknown
 >> Video Codec: wmav2
 >>
 >> So the codec info is stored at the wrong place it seems? (video
 >> instead of audio) Not sure this is related though.
 >
 >ive changed a few things in the asf muxer, please retry and report
if theres
 >any improvment (or other change)

Sorry forgot to test this one...

I can actually hear some sound when using -acodec wmav1 or -acodec
wmav2 when the file is played in Windows Media Player, but the sound
is very distorded. Still no sound when using -acodec copy

Patrice