[Ffmpeg-devel] WMA encoding and Windows Media Player for Mac OS X

Tyler Loch tylerl82
Mon Mar 5 06:19:43 CET 2007

> ive fixed a few more random bugs in our asf muxer, could you retry?

Seems to be the same. Pops and buzzes throughout the audio track.
I did some tweaking a couple days ago, and found that the extra_size2
variable was the trigger for the audio playback working:

         case CODEC_TYPE_AUDIO:
             wav_extra_size = 0;
             extra_size = 18 + wav_extra_size;
--->      extra_size2 = 8;
             break;
         default:

Before r7960, extra_size2 was effectively set to zero. With it set to
8 (or anything but zero), audio plays in WMP Mac (albeit glicthy).
...not terribly sure if the problem is related to a mismatch in
sizing, or something else.

I'm heading to bed right now...but would it be useful if I provide
a .wav file of the pops and buzzes tomorrow along with the original
audio, and/or any other data?

-Tyler Loch
Techspansion LLC
http://www.techspansion.com