[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC]: vhook Documentation

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Tue Mar 6 09:13:32 CET 2007

--- V?ctor Paesa <wzrlpy at arsystel.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I agree on Diego's comments, except on this:
>
> >> If a person is pointed to an external source for
> >> something, putting an explicit URL to that item
> is
> >> nice, but unfortunately seems doomed to failure
> >> eventually.
> >
> > Yes, URLs are fickle beasts..
>
> I'd rather point to some URL, it may change but docs
> may be updated too.
>
> (notice that Diego is the official maintainer, so
> you'd better follow his
> advice than mine :-)  )
>
> I just tried the examples, and this one does not
> work on my computer:
>
> +   # Scrolling credits from a text file
> +   ffmpeg -i input.avi -vhook 'vhook/imlib2.so -c
> white -F
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/VeraBd.ttf/16 \
> +     -x 100 -y -1.0*N -f credits.txt' -sameq
> output.avi
>
> The reason is that my bash (3.2.9) doesn't
> understand the backslash
> in the middle of single quoted strings, it does
> accept it if double
> quoted, though.
>
> Another comment is that you may reduce the command
> length, instead of
> -F /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/VeraBd.ttf/16
> your may use
> -F VeraBd.ttf/16
> if you set the FONTPATH.
>
> Other than that, it looks ok.

OK, here's what I fixed:
1) Made the example commands more
cut-and-pasteable,separated the correct points, and
shortened to:
2) Keep every line below 80 characters.

There is a long line for the bulb in a lissagous
pattern, I left it as is, because to separate it would
be to break it as per 1) above.

I had an older copy, I had made some corrections that
you had already fixed, but left them in rather an
re-edit.

Some additional language and references were added.

When I finish reading svn help diff I'll get back to
you.

For now, its diff -Naur.

Piero.

The fish are biting.