[Ffmpeg-devel] Naming conventions

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Tue Mar 6 15:26:37 CET 2007

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi

[snip]

> huh? what is facetious? me saying that the naming convention should clearly
> say what type and action is or me pointing at cases where your
> suggestion is ambiguous?
> or are you trying to say that you have no real arguments?
> or are you trying to say that you will decide all names based on unwritten
> rules and everyone who doesnt understand you rules is facetious?

*Now* we have reached flame temperature...

> also its funny that on nut-devel you where nitpicking that the spec wasnt
> clear enough and now you attack my for trying to clarify a really ambiguous
> single line suggestion of a nameing convention

Problem is, everyone has been beating around the bush trying to avoid
using 'the O word', but its a fact that C++ (or rather, OO methodology
in general) was developped with the goal of formalizing this issue.
Whether their solution was a good one is of course a different issue!

HaND,
--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director