[Ffmpeg-devel] GSoC'07 Call For Mentors

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje
Thu Mar 8 00:05:32 CET 2007

Hi,

On Mar 7, 2007, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 21:02:01 +0100
> Steve Lhomme <slhomme at corecodec.com> wrote:
>> Mike Melanson wrote:
>>> If anyone has a financial motivation, a mentoring spot is worth
>>> $500,
>>> paid by Google (less taxes, unless we can figure out some non-profit
>>> scam this year).
>>
>> As I already have a paying job, I'll leave that to Aurelien or
>> Ronald if
>> they don't.
>
> Same here.
> We could probably agree on spliting it, or giving it to the ffmpeg
> project
> if it can do any good. Anyway, that shouldn't cause any trouble.

If I may, I'd suggest to use it to sponsor some core ffmpeg people to
get to DDC (Freedesktop), GUADEC (GNOME) or Akademy (KDE) so us
"desktop people" can have some closer conversations with the ffmpeg
people and make each other's life easier.

(I don't need it and I can't take payment since I'm a foreign student
in the US, so if nothing else, Aurelien can have it all.)

Ronald