[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compilation poblem and fix on 2007-03-06 trunk (Tatu Kilappa)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Fri Mar 9 12:23:14 CET 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 09:51:18AM +0100, Fran?ois Revol wrote:
> > "larry.sdk" <larry.sdk at gmail.com> writes:
> > > As the MS VC do not support declaration array with varible size,
> > > all
> > > of the source code must be modified with _alloc(). And below is and
> > > example in the dsputils.c:
> > >
> > > DECLARE_ALIGNED_8 (uint64_t, aligned_bak[stride]);
> > >
> > > replaced it by:
> > >
> > >  uint64_t *aligned_bak = (uint64_t *)_alloca(sizeof(uint64_t)*
> > > stride);
> >
> > MSVC lacks support for quite a few other C features used by FFmpeg.
> > The code must be compiled with a (mostly) C99 compliant compiler,
> > such
> > as gcc.  Most of the assembler optimizations are also available only
> > when gcc is used.
>
> However, defining an DECLARE_ALIGN_8_ARRAY(type,name,sz) macro could
> provide a one-line workaround for that incomplete compiler...

Workaround for what? To what end? To achieve what kind of goal?

> > The compiled libraries can be used with any compiler.  The public
> > header files do not use any special language constructs.  All that is
> > required is a sane stdint.h header file.
>
> I have the feeling this skud has been launched towards me... but maybe
> I'm just getting paranoid.

If you get this feeling you must have missed all the wrangling about
these inttypes/stdint issues in the past, there really was everything
said about that can be said AFAICT...

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger