[Ffmpeg-devel] RUNTIME_CPUDETECT broken on PPC due to -maltivec

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Fri Mar 9 19:45:51 CET 2007

Sam Hocevar wrote:

>      http://trac.videolan.org/pkg-multimedia/browser/experimental/ffmpeg/debian/patches/040_only_use_maltivec_when_needed.diff
>
>    Before I spend time polishing that patch, I'd like to know whether
> there is interest from the FFmpeg developers to integrate a proper fix
> upstream, or if you're more of the opinion that it's gcc that needs
> fixing or that runtime G3 support is not a requirement (in which case I
> won't probably bother cleaning up the patch).
>
>    Any comments welcome.

ffmpeg-0.cvs20070307/configure OK

ffmpeg-0.cvs20070307/libavcodec/Makefile Annoying but I cannot think
about other ways

ffmpeg-0.cvs20070307/libavcodec/imgresample.c split looks ok

ffmpeg-0.cvs20070307/libpostproc/Makefile same as the other makefile

ffmpeg-0.cvs20070307/libpostproc/postprocess.c make sure the doxy
comments are correct, RENAME nonstatic maybe could have some namespace
issues?

ffmpeg-0.cvs20070307/libswscale/swscale.c why removing those sizeof ?

I just gave a quick read.

lu

--

Luca Barbato