[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compilation poblem and fix on2007-03-06trunk (Tatu Kilappa)

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Mar 12 10:14:56 CET 2007

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 01:49:30AM -0300, Ramiro Polla wrote:
>>
>> elupus escreveu:
>> >"Reimar D?ffinger" <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote in
>> >message news:20070309132207.GA2100 at 1und1.de...

>> >Well it exists there, but i'd think mingw uses their own
>> >implementation of that function. And since mingw are a supported
>> >environment, it would help anybody trying to use a ffmpeg lib from
>> >anything other than a gcc compiled app.
>>
>> Last year I tried to port the whole FFmpeg to C90, based on what Steve
>> Lhomme had done.
>
> Do you mean C89 or is there some other standard I'm not aware of?

ISO C90 and ANSI C89 are one and the same.

Variable length arrays we could certainly do without, if you can find
a clean way.  We are, however, using other C99 bits that we'd rather
not stop using, one of these being named initializers for structs, so
getting rid of variable length arrays with the sole purpose of making
the code closer to C89 compatible seems pointless.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com