[Ffmpeg-devel] DAR and SAR FFmpeg option confusion

Roman Shaposhnik rvs
Tue Mar 13 03:09:50 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 00:14 +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
> > -aspect should set DAR, DAR + width and height -> SAR if this doesnt work
> > its a bug
>
> Well yes, you can calculate the necessary DAR to get the SAR you want, but I
> think you should be able to set them independently. If you disagree, fair
> enough, I'll shut up. :)

  Don't give up yet. I believe that libavcodec framework is either
missing the framework for handling SARs vs. DARs the way it is described
here (http://www.mir.com/DMG/aspect.html) or I'm personally not
aware of how to use it. The worst case scenario -- Michael will let
us know the part WE didn't know about libavcodec ;-)

Thanks,
Roman.