[Ffmpeg-devel] DAR and SAR FFmpeg option confusion

Benoit Fouet benoit.fouet
Tue Mar 13 08:36:11 CET 2007

Hi,

Robert Swain wrote:
[snip]
> Should aspect in utils.c be removed?
i don't know why it's there actually... is there a reason why this has
been kept in utils.c ?
the problem is that it can be reached now, and i don't think it'll work...

> Should a new parameter be added for altering the SAR?
>
> Should aspect in utils.c be 'fixed' to actually set the SAR?

IMHO, it should be renamed in that case...

> I'm leaning towards the former because that would avoid the confusion
> of two options named aspect.

if it is possible to set SAR by setting DAR and dimensions, it could be
removed (this is just my opinion, i'm not maintainer of anything here,
so take it for what it's worth ;) )

Ben