[Ffmpeg-devel] GSoC'07 Wiki

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Tue Mar 13 11:06:36 CET 2007

Hi

Mike Melanson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Summer of Code is happening earlier this year. This week is the time to
> apply. I just submitted the FFmpeg application and created a Wiki page
> for ideas:
>
> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Summer_Of_Code_2007
>
> Start adding your ideas. I have populated the page with some ideas I
> have already read from the list and other sources. Please adhere to the
> guidelines for good vs. bad proposals, also listed on the page.

Can the wiki now be moderated please ?

For those who did not check it yet:

    * 3.2 JPEG2000
    * 3.3 Monkey's Audio Decoder
    * 3.4 QCELP Decoder
    * 3.5 Finish LC AAC decoder and implement HE-AAC(+)

IMHO does not need a soc project.

    * 3.6 E-AC3 Decoder
    * 3.7 GSM Decoder
    * 3.8 Dirac Encoder AND Decoder
    * 3.9 i263 Decoder
    * 3.10 VP6 Encoder
    * 3.11 NUT Muxer
    * 3.12 Matroska Muxer
    * 3.13 MPEG TS/DVB Muxer
    * 3.14 PAFF decoding for H.264/AVC
    * 3.15 MXF Muxer
    * 3.16 RV30/RV40 decoders

is that a dream ?

    * 3.17 DPX/Cineon Encoder AND Decoder
    * 3.18 OpenEXR Encoder AND Decoder

ok ILM uses it, but what else ?

    * 3.19 HD Photo Encoder AND Decoder

aka Windows Media Photo.

# 4 Qualification tasks

    * 4.1 TGA encoder
    * 4.2 TIFF encoder
    * 4.3 Vivo demuxer
    * 4.4 IFF/8SVX 8-bit audio demuxer
    * 4.5 Optimize some code
    * 4.6 BFI Playback System

Im not against game formats, but if they use palette, they will use
again the deprecated/broken palette API, and that is not wanted IMHO.

    * 4.7 THP Playback System
    * 4.8 Game Formats

Also I would like to point that adding a project without a mentor seems
useless, and I would say that until a mentor is designed project should
be removed.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312