[Ffmpeg-devel] Video stutter in decoder

Cyril Zorin cyril.zorin
Fri Mar 16 01:17:54 CET 2007

> well why dont you use get_buffer() every multithreaded player will
> have to copy your frame, every player using xv will have to copy
> your frame, ... if you dont use get_buffer()

Hmm the problem with using get_buffer() is that the pitch is
different from the source image, so it complicates the code (e.g.
with RLE routines that have to be pitch-sensitive, etc.) Another
problem with giving ffmpeg my own buffer is that the source pixels
are all little-endian, so it would make the code more complicated to
convert each source pixel on the fly to native, and so on.

Can I just use my own buffer and then copy it to ffmpeg inside
decode_frame?

Thanks..