[Ffmpeg-devel] Encoding to shared memory

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Mar 16 01:31:35 CET 2007

Hi

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 02:23:10AM +0200, Stas Oskin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is it possible to encode to a shared memory instead of a file? I mean,
> will a frame encoded via avcodec_encode_video() and copied to shared
> memory be playable in another process, which is reading frames from
> the shared memory?

yes but this question is not appropriate for ffmpeg-devel, people are
expected to try first, RTFM first, RTFS first, google first, search the
archives first, ...

In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.
-- Diogenes of Sinope