[Ffmpeg-devel] GSoC 2007 :: ffmpeg qualification phase

Diego Biurrun diego
Sat Mar 17 08:46:52 CET 2007

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 01:19:41AM -0500, Sourav Pal wrote:
> On 3/16/07, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> >
> >On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 04:28:05PM -0500, Sourav Pal wrote:
> >> Sorry for the confusion. I meant one and half years.
> >
> >Please don't top-post.  It's a good idea to learn this early on for
> >discussions on this list ;-)
>
> I will keep in mind in future not to do top posting.

Good :-)

> I am not exactly sure what Benjamin is asking me to do . I know that the
> demuxer for vivo exists in libmpdemux (demux_viv.c) in the mplayer
> distribution. So could you please give me the details ? Or you mean
> port it inside the ffmpeg distribution.

We're talking about porting it to libavformat.

> I ran mplayer in linux environment and somehow I could not get the
> VIVO files to run. Is vivo codecs run only on windows ?  The reason
> I ask is that it started loading codec-s windows specific.  and did
> not find it. I have attached the details below.

Vivo codecs should run fine on Linux x86_32.  It works fine for me.

> ./mplayer 5TH_1.VIV
> MPlayer dev-SVN-r22281-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
>
> Playing 5TH_1.VIV.
> VIVO file format detected.
> VIDEO:  [viv2]  320x240  24bpp  15.680 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
> Opening video decoder: [vfw] Win32/VfW video codecs
> Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: ivvideo.dll, /usr/lib/win32/ivvideo.dll,
> /usr/local/lib/win32/ivvideo.dll
> Can't open library ivvideo.dll

You are using a binary package of MPlayer that looks for codecs in
obsolete places.  The standard location is /usr/local/lib/codecs or
/usr/lib/codecs nowadays (same for xine, BTW).  Do you have binary
codecs installed?  Where?

Diego