[Ffmpeg-devel] lossless video codec comparison

Compn tempn
Sun Mar 18 16:07:32 CET 2007

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:59:54 -0500,
Justin Ruggles scribed:

> Hi,
>
> I stumbled upon this page today and thought I would share.  It's a
> simple speed vs. compression comparison of lossless video codecs.  It
> includes FFV1 and Snow in the tests.  FFV1 is rated as the "most
> balanced and flexible codec".
>
> http://compression.ru/video/codec_comparison/lossless_codecs_2007_en.html
>
> -Justin

also take a look at lagarith codec
http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html

"Lagarith offers better compression than codecs like Huffyuv,
Alparysoft, and CorePNG. There are a few lossless codecs that can
compress better than Lagarith, such as MSU and FFV1; however Lagarith
tends to be faster and stabler than these codecs."

-compn