[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [Fwd: [CinCVS] New anti-patented algorithm for better Y'CbCr]

Ramiro Ribeiro Polla ramiro
Sun Mar 18 20:00:28 CET 2007

Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 05:46:57PM +0100, Stefan de Konink wrote:

>> This message was on the Cinelerra mailinglist, maybe some devs are
>> interested in the methods used.
>>

>> Stefan

I think he never intended to achieve improved performance. In fact, he
never mentions anything about performance. He says "fast video
processing" comparing to calculating the lut on startup.

[...]
> All of this is based on a very casual reading; the page was long and
> ill-organized so that I couldn't quickly figure out what problem the
> author claims to be solving. If you have a better idea what it's about
> please fill me and others in on it.

Well, then, maybe you should read at least most of the page before
flaming him to death (on some mailinglist he probably doesn't read). You
could try going to the bottom of the page and clicking on the bird that
says "An expected information missing here?", and telling him how to
improve his website. Like most engineers, he probably just lacks
designing skills.

If you had read the whole first paragraph, you might have noticed he
says "The algorithms solve the so called chroma bleed
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_subsampling> problem".

Ramiro Polla