[Ffmpeg-devel] lossless video codec comparison

Måns Rullgård mans
Sun Mar 18 20:20:20 CET 2007

Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> writes:

> Eduardo Morras wrote:
>>>
>>> Source distributed as a RAR file...  Now why does that make me
>>> suspicious?
>> what does it means? why make you suspicious?
>
> Mans is morally opposed to RAR.

What's that supposed to mean?

My suspicion is that the code will be making lots of assumptions about
the machine, most of which will only be true on x86.  This would
include things like endianness, unaligned data access, and word size.
Windows-specific things wouldn't surprise me either.  On top of this,
the code is more than likely to be badly structured and outright ugly
to look at.

I'm saying this because those who use the RAR format are the kind of
people who would write such code.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com