[Ffmpeg-devel] participation in GSoC

Mike Melanson mike
Mon Mar 19 18:36:26 CET 2007

Robert Swain wrote:
> Mike Melanson wrote:
>> anton anton wrote:
>>> Hi, all! I would like to participate in GSoC. I really want to do
>>> something with image or video processing. FFMPEG is very good for
>>> this. But you expect that students must solve qualification task. I
>>> don't know what about other participators, but I absolutely have no
>>> free time for this now. I understand your difficulties in determine
>>> who really can do something useful, but it is SUMMER code. Can I
>>> prove my skills another way?
>>> This is my resume http://xmm0.narod.ru/
>>
>> If you can't make time now, how can we be sure you will be able to
>> make time during the summer?
>
> I don't think that's a fair judgement considering people have exams and
> coursework to attend to outside of summer holidays when they're students.

FFmpeg has an utterly ruthless reputation to maintain. However, I would
like to clarify (and I'll update the Wiki) that the deadline for
completing a qualifier *isn't* March 24; that's just the deadline to
submit a student app to the SoC program. We have until April 9 to select
students.

--
	-Mike Melanson