[Ffmpeg-devel] attribute_deprecated img_convert

Vlad GURDIGA gurdiga
Wed Mar 21 15:34:45 CET 2007

> avcodec_encode_video (the codec would be CODEC_ID_MJPEG). The output
> buffer can be written to file as such (ie, open/write/close).

I'm very sorry I'm asking so many questions, but I just do not now
enough to make id. As far as I can see, the only argument of the
avcodec_encode_video() the has a "codec_id" member si AVCodecContext,
wich is the source codec context and it seems to me unproper to change
to CODEC_ID_MJPEG. I'll try to explain how I'm doing right now and you
show me the place where is wrong and how it should be to get that JPEG
data.

Here roughly is how I do now to capture X frames to PPM files (of
course it is not the format I need, but I followed a tutorial a hoped
I'l find a way to convert PPM to JPEG):

av_register_all();
av_open_input_file();
... here I get an AVCodecContext ...
av_find_stream_info();
... find the first video stream from the AVCodecContext ...
avcodec_find_decoder(); // I do not know the type of video until runtime
avcodec_open();
... here I get the AVCodec ...
avcodec_alloc_frame(); // here I get a pointer to a prepared memory block

loop to read packets
   av_read_frame(); // here I get the AVPachet
   avcodec_decode_video();
   ... now I get the AVFrame (in the second OUT argument) ...
   avpicture_alloc(); // here I ged a memory block to store AVPicture
   img_convert(); //here I get the AVPicture (PPM) data from AVFrame
   // now I write a header and binary data in a file to disk
end loop

I use all these functions from C# (if it matters).
Thanks a lot!