[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: ffmpeg build fixes

Stanislav Brabec sbrabec
Thu Mar 22 11:13:53 CET 2007

Diego Biurrun wrote:

>> ffmpeg.redefined.patch: Fixed lots of repeated compiler warnings.
>
>What exactly is this supposed to fix?  I get no warnings related to this
>code in FFmpeg ...

I see 976 warnings like these:
internal.h:252:1: warning: "sprintf" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:838,
                 from common.h:36,
                 from mathematics.c:26:
/usr/include/bits/stdio2.h:30:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
internal.h:253:1: warning: "strcat" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/string.h:422,
                 from common.h:37,
                 from mathematics.c:26:
/usr/include/bits/string3.h:164:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
internal.h:255:1: warning: "printf" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:838,
                 from common.h:36,
                 from mathematics.c:26:
/usr/include/bits/stdio2.h:64:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
internal.h:256:1: warning: "fprintf" redefined
In file included from common.h:36,
                 from mathematics.c:26:
/usr/include/bits/stdio2.h:66:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

I did my patch more general to undef all possibly affected macros.

And I forgot to write another issue:
Some distributions package libgsm includes to /usr/include/gsm. It would
be nice to check this directory, too.

>> ffmpeg-system-amr.patch: Changes the code to build AMR support with
>> system amr libraries from http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/amr
>
>This looks interesting, these libs are a pain to use.  The use of
>autotools is unfortunate, but we'll forgive you for now ;)  Somebody
>should package this stuff now..

I added simple spec file there, so rpmbuild -tb can do it for RPM based
distros.

I have mailed all people signed in RPMs I found by random search.

The amr* code needs fix and I doubt that 3GPP will release new reference
implementation. So there's also a chance to maintain patches.

Also reference decoders are crashing for input, which does not conform
their expectations.

I added one test file there. amrnb-decode works on i386. On x86_64 it
outputs only crackling noise. This problem affects ffplay, too.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: sbrabec at suse.cz
Lihovarsk? 1060/12                            tel: +420 284 028 966
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/