[Ffmpeg-devel] Embedded preview vhook/voutfb.so /dev/fb

Rich Felker dalias
Tue Mar 27 19:46:32 CEST 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 07:38:00AM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
> I was looking at libmpcodecs that is one awsome piece of software,
> which has probably been around a while so most of the bugs have been
> shaken out.  This seems like a reasonable path to me which leverages a
> lot of mature (reasonably) technology.

LMAO... You can construct filter chains which simply crash, or which
output the wrong thing based on adjacent filters' presence or
absence... It's just that most of the common cases work well enough
that no one notices..

I'm one of the main people who wrote (and enhanced existing) filters
for it way back, so I have good reason to believe it sucks.. :)

Rich