[Ffmpeg-devel] Using avcodec threaded help request

Stas Oskin stas.oskin
Tue Mar 27 20:58:04 CEST 2007

> If someone could offer a description of pthreads' usage or show me to
> a working example I would be very appreciative! ^_^

Hi.

I'm still tangled in threads in my own app, but my first advice is to run
your app through valgrind (or valkyire). During my tests I became almost
fully positive that there are no deadlocks in libavcodec itself, if it used
correctly, and the problems occur in the application itself.

Also search the mailing lists for my (or others) emails regarding the
libavcodec functions that should be locked by mutexes.

Regards,
Stas.