[Ffmpeg-devel] Embedded preview vhook/voutfb.so /dev/fb

Mike Melanson mike
Wed Mar 28 02:48:08 CEST 2007

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 08:51:48AM +0900, Bobby Bingham wrote:
>> Rich Felker wrote:
>>> I won't block efforts to support libmpcodecs. But if there's a SoC
>>> project I wish it could lead in a new direction.. Maybe that's just
>>> wishful thinking. I will not be around to aid in SoC mentoring but I
>>> could write up and leave my notes for others to examine.
>>>
>> I've been hoping to work on a filter system for SoC, so I'd be very
>
> :)
>
> but it doesnt seem that we have a mentor for this or?

As outlined on the SoC Wiki page, I deemed such a project inappropriate
for the summertime because I didn't like the idea of projects that
touched much of the core API. Isolated modules that live outside the
core are much more conducive for student projects.

However, I see that Bobby submitted a thorough app and proposal for
"Video Filter API". If you think this is worthwhile, we can certainly
re-evaluate.

--
	-Mike Melanson