[Ffmpeg-devel] libav Ratios through Video file

Scott Harper orcein
Wed Mar 28 06:49:21 CEST 2007

Hello,

I THINK I've figured out how to get the ratio of how far I am in the
video file when playing through, by using AVStream->cur_dts and
dividing that by AVStream->nb_index_entries.  Is this correct?

If it is not, how can I accurately determine the ratio of how far
through the video file I am when I grab a frame/decode a frame to how
long the video file is?

The application is in making a scrubbing bar for a video player, if
that helps to understand my question.

-- Scott