[Ffmpeg-devel] BlackFin lowlevel pixel operations PATCH

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Mar 28 15:30:51 CEST 2007

Hi

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 07:30:49AM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd writes:
>  >
>  > Marc Hoffman said:
>  > > Thanks I will rename to ff_ actually all my routines will get that
>  > > based on your suggestion.
>  >
>  > Symbols with static linkage can be named anything you like outside the reserved
>  > namespace (starting with _).  Anything with extern linkage needs a prefix to
>  > avoid clashes with other libraries.
>
> Does this mean that I could just name them something like
>
>   bfin_
>
> which I would prefer so:
>
>   routine_bfin
>
> would become
>
>   bfin_routine

does that prevent name clashes? that is do we have control over all
bfin_* code (all code written for bfin) so as to prevent someone else
from writing a bfin_routine() ?

or do we rather have control over al ffmpeg code so that most ff_* is
likely under our control and we can prevent namespace clashes ...

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus