[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] svq1 very slow encoding

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Thu Mar 29 14:13:13 CEST 2007

Hi Guillaume,

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 3/29/07, Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I just noticed that svq1 encoding was slow as hell (around 2fps here on
>> p4 2.4ghz), if someone had spare time/motivation to speed it up, it
>> would be great.
>
> If you can, please post a sample command line, as also some profiling
> information, preferably OProfile-generated information (or similar,
> such as vTune, Shark).

Humm is that useful to you ? I never used oprofile before.

command: ffmpeg_g -i ilacetest.mov -vcodec svq1 test.mov

http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/raw-video/ilacetest.mov

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312