[Ffmpeg-devel] BlackFin lowlevel pixel operations PATCH

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Mar 29 20:09:09 CEST 2007

Hi

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 09:38:53PM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer writes:
>  > Hi
>  >
>  > On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 07:52:35AM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
>  > > Diego Biurrun writes:
>  > >  > On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 07:11:33AM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
>  > >  > > Diego Biurrun writes:
>  > >  > >  > On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 10:00:39PM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
>  > >  > >  > Content-Description: message body text
>  > >  > >  > >
>  > >  > >  > > This is the a set of video optimization for the Blackfin processor it
>  > >  > >  > > includes most of the low level pixel operations.
>  > >  > >
>  > >  > > Is this the right one version 2 changes to 2.1 and a couple of other
>  > >  > > words.  Good catch, just double check this one.
>  > >  > >
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Yes, this one is correct.
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Diego
>  > >
>  > > Changes made.
>  >
>  > tabs are forbidden in svn and please provide dct-test.c output fo the new idct
>  >
>  > also function names starting with _ are reserved
>  >
>  > asm not reviewed as i dont know blackfin asm
>  >
>  > [...]
>  > --
>
> I kind of have to kludge up the dct-test mechanism can we agree on the
> appropriate mechanism for changes to the dct-test?
>
> oh by the way you help me find an error of 10 in the idct, I have a
> modified routine which now passes correctly. I guess that would mean I
> owe you a beer or two + an awesome story that will make you laugh your
> head off if we ever actually meet. So the idct codes have changed to
> meet spec.
[...]
> Now I'm thinking that we might want to build something a little more configurable for this dct test
>
> struct {
>        dct1,
>        dct2,
> blah blah
>
> } dctsf
>
> #ifdef MMX
>
> blah table of dct functions
>
> #elif ALTIVEC
>
> blah
>
> #else BFIN
>
> blah
>
> #endif
>
> then call each one via indirection but otherwise here would be a stab
> at the changes: Not sure who would do such a task I could do it if you
> want to make it easier for others to test their backends.

iam fine with someone cleaning dct-test.c up ...

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf