[Ffmpeg-devel] Linking statically against libavcodec

Julian Lamberty julian.lamberty
Fri Mar 30 12:44:56 CEST 2007

Hello!

I'm having a problem linking statically against the
libavcodec/libaformat libs. I included the header files in myprog.c

After building myprog.o from myprog.c I use "gcc myprog.o
-Lffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a -Lffmpeg/libavformat/libavformat.a -o
myprog" but gcc reports many undefined references ("av_register_all()",
"av_open_input_file()",...). Aren't these functions included in the
libs? What other files do I have to link against?

Thanks for your help.

Julian