[Ffmpeg-devel] Recent change in configure causes error message in MSys/MinGW

Måns Rullgård mans
Fri Mar 30 23:50:04 CEST 2007

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 01:09:03PM -0400, Jonathon Elwood wrote:
>> There was a recent change to 'configure' that is now causing a Windows box
>> to appear in MSys/MinGW.  The box says "ffmpeg-conf-17246-3728-29106.exe has
>> encountered a problem and needs to close".  I know this is a question
>> specific to MSys/MinGW and this may not be the appropriate place to post
>> this problem.  If there is another list that would be more appropriate
>> please let me know.
>>
>> There is a note here stating that this was done intentionally.  I don't know
>> what this script is doing, so I'm not sure how important it is.  Is this the
>> way it should work with MSys/MinGW now or is there a library I'm missing
>> that will stop this error from occurring?  Also, the note says to click
>> "Don't send" and ignore it.  Does that mean that if I ignore this error
>> ./configure will still work fine?
>
> Is there a way we can make this note more explicit so that people
> understand it?

Is there a way we can make people more intelligent?  They wouldn't
need to be really brilliant or anything, only enough to grasp the idea
that messages being printed might be relevant.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com