[Ffmpeg-devel] Recent change in configure causes error message in MSys/MinGW

Jonathon Elwood jaelwood
Sat Mar 31 03:08:24 CEST 2007

On 3/30/07, Dean Bender <dean98 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/30/07, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
> > Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> Windows box
> ffmpeg-conf-17246-3728-29106.exe has
> post
> appropriate

> don't know
> this the
> missing
> click
> error
> > >
> > > Is there a way we can make this note more explicit so that people
> > > understand it?
> >
> > Is there a way we can make people more intelligent?  They wouldn't
> > need to be really brilliant or anything, only enough to grasp the idea
> > that messages being printed might be relevant.
> >
> > --
> > M?ns Rullg?rd
> > mans at mansr.com
> >

> No this isn't the problem of not having intelligence. He actually was
> able to find out where in the configure script this is happening. This
> is one of those silly moments we encounter time to time while
> learning. So sit back and enjoy the show veterans ^^.

I know that the last thing I should do right now is another post, but I
guess I like pain so here it is?

I can tell that the intention was on MinGW systems to print :

WARNING: The following test might cause a testapp to crash (intentionally)

resulting in the appearance of a dialog box. Please click "Don't send" and

ignore it.

The problem is on my MinGW system I don't see this statement.   I've
attached a screen print in case anyone wants to see exactly what I'm seeing
(the file is "error no message.jpg").

I think the problem is with the line below:

if test "$targetos" = "mingw32" -o "$targetos" = "CYGWIN"; then

I put a test message before and after this if statement to see whether the
'if test' was true (and would print the WARNING message).

if test $arch = "x86_32" -o $arch = "x86_64"; then

echo "test1"

    if test "$targetos" = "mingw32" -o "$targetos" = "CYGWIN"; then

        cat <<EOF

WARNING: The following test might cause a testapp to crash (intentionally)

resulting in the appearance of a dialog box. Please click "Don't send" and

ignore it.

EOF

    fi

    echo "test2"

I've attached another screen capture to show what I see after adding my test
messages (the file is "after adding test messages.jpg").

Maybe this is only happening with my MinGW build, but I thought I would
report it just in case there is a problem (I know it's only cosmetic, but it
was confusing until I tracked the problem down in the source).