[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg build fixes

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Mar 31 21:41:17 CEST 2007

Hi

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 07:43:04PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 11:46:28AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > I'll apply your patch later today or tomorrow.
> > >
> > > What about doing the same for the fixed-point version of amr-nb?  So far
> > > you've only done the floating-point variants.
> >
> > And maybe a variant with IF2 defined.
>
> Hmm, IIUC once this patch gets applied we will not have support for the
> fixed-point variant of amr-nb any longer.  Is this considered a problem?

RTFS :) that is the fixed point amr code, i faintly remember that some
fixed point reference implementation just used hardcoded float emulation
or so, dunno if that was amr, if its fake fixed its useless as it wont
be faster than float with emulation on no FPU systems
if OTOH its proper fixed point code it will be faster and we shouldnt
drop support for it

benchmarks are of course usefull too ...

Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony.
-- Heraclitus