[FFmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel] FFmpeg logo

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Thu May 3 12:19:59 CEST 2007

Mike Melanson wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> writes:
>>> Hi,
>>> Last year we never managed to decide on a logo in time for LinuxTag.
>>> I'm hoping we might be able to do better this year, so I've made a
>>> couple of variants based on one of the ideas I liked best from last
>>> year's discussions.
>> The deadline for logo submission to LinuxTag is drawing near, and we
>> never decided on a logo earlier.  I'm thinking some logo is better
>> than no logo, and the attached one was generally well received on this
>> list.  How about we use this one this year?
> I like it. Roll with it.

I profoundly dislike it. Its basic icon is a zigzag pattern that makes
sense only to people familiar with the innards of video encoding,
exactly the stuff that the lavc is supposed to isolate the user from. I
much preferred the proposals with the double-arrow ('fast forward') as
basic icon.

Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
T +32 [0] 2 790 29 41