[FFmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel] new grab interface breaks bktr grabing

Nikns Siankin nikns
Thu May 3 21:14:07 CEST 2007

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 05:56:30PM +0300, Nikns Siankin wrote:

>Installed FreeBSD 6.2 box to test bktr ffmpeg grabing under FreeBSD.
>The same effect as in OpenBSD.
>FFmpeg install with old grabbing interface grabs fine.
>Perhaps issue specified by my card:
>  bktr_mem: memory holder loaded
>  bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xf3002000-0xf3002fff irq 11 at device 10.0 on pci0
>  bktr0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
>  bktr0: Card has no configuration EEPROM. Cannot determine card make.
>  bktr0: IMS TV Turbo, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner.
>
>Maybe in old interface there where some workaround for this card...

Got bktr capturing to work!
In command line 'tvstd' MUST be specified
before '-f bktr' or else it gets ignored.

Dumps VHS stream into raw data for later processing:
BKTR_DEV=0 ffmpeg -y -tvstd pal -r 25 -s 768x576 -deinterlace -isync \
-f bktr -i /dev/bktr0 -f audio_device -i /dev/audio \
-acodec pcm_s16le -s 768x576 -vcodec rawvideo /data/raw.avi