[FFmpeg-devel] Multiple frame dimensions in a single stream

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri May 4 03:10:44 CEST 2007

Hi

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 01:10:12AM +0200, Ivo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a TXD demuxer and decoder
> (http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=TXD) and I have stumbled upon a
> problem. Basically the demuxer and decoder work fine when all frames have
> the same width and height. But if the size changes, the output stays at the
> old size. e.g. [fronten2.txd is from GTA:SA and contains eight frames]
>
> ffmpeg -i fronten2.txd %02d.ppm
>
> All ppm images are 512x512, but 07.ppm should be 512x256. The upper half of
> the 512x512 image does contain the right contents though. When I do
>
> ffplay fronten2.txd
>
> I see the output window resize but it does not display the right contents.
> It then switches back to 512x512 for the eight frame, which displays
> correctly again.
>
> I have RTFS but I can not figure out what I am doing wrong. Can anybody
> explain to me how I should handle mid-stream dimension changes? Preferably
> decoder driven, though I could change that if it should be really done in
> the demuxer.

iam not sure if ffplay supports changing dimension, try to concatenate 2
mpeg streams with differing dimension to check if ffplay can handle that

it is not once nor twice but times without number that the same ideas make
their appearance in the world. -- Aristotle