[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg logo

Måns Rullgård mans
Fri May 4 16:48:37 CEST 2007

Robert Swain <robert.swain at gmail.com> writes:

> On 4 May 2007, at 13:39, herve.flores wrote:

>> What about my beautiful Code-Monkey-with-cola in colors? ;-)
>
> The link between monkeys and FFmpeg was considered dubious by some
> though personally I thought it was cute. :)

My sentiment exactly.

>> you seemed to like the zig-zag and somebody (I don't remember who)
>> wanted the zig-zig in perspective, there it is:
>
> [...]
>
> Could you angle the zigzag the other way? It looks wrong angled out
> to me and I think it would look better angled in towards the text.

Personally I prefer the plain flat variant.  The 3D angled version
looks good and all that, it's just that it doesn't work as well as a
small icon or in print using only a two or three colours.

I like the zigzag as a concept since it has a technical significance
that will be appreciated by those who know the details, yet is an
easily recognisable, and fairly unique, pattern even for those who do
not.  The contending fast-forward symbol, at least to me, has a
stronger connection to a player than a codec.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com