[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg logo

herve.flores herve.flores
Fri May 4 17:55:44 CEST 2007

Le 4 mai 07 ? 16:48, M?ns Rullg?rd a ?crit :

> Robert Swain <robert.swain at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On 4 May 2007, at 13:39, herve.flores wrote:

[...]

>>> you seemed to like the zig-zag and somebody (I don't remember who)
>>> wanted the zig-zig in perspective, there it is:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Could you angle the zigzag the other way? It looks wrong angled out
>> to me and I think it would look better angled in towards the text.
>
> Personally I prefer the plain flat variant.  The 3D angled version
> looks good and all that, it's just that it doesn't work as well as a
> small icon or in print using only a two or three colours.

it's not a real problem
each logo has always its declinaisons (1 color, CYMK, pantone, etc)
see attached (really ugly but it can give you an idea)

> I like the zigzag as a concept since it has a technical significance
> that will be appreciated by those who know the details,
> yet is an
> easily recognisable, and fairly unique, pattern even for those who do
> not.  The contending fast-forward symbol, at least to me, has a
> stronger connection to a player than a codec.
>
> --
> M?ns Rullg?rd

seems that the zig-zag is the preferred logo from devs in this
thread, if you're interested with this pseudo CeeGee-version, tell it
(and after we can take a look to angles etc)

bye

Herv?