[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpegs future version control system

Attila Kinali attila
Wed May 9 08:45:27 CEST 2007

On Wed, 9 May 2007 02:51:34 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> i would like to change ffmpeg from svn to git

> * no more need for repository backups

That we'll have to do anyways. And be it just for the
consistency of our backup policy.

> how does my plan look like:
> well first we need to find a reliable, fast and free server with a very
> fast network connection for ffmpeg-git
> ive not yet googled to see which sourceforge/savanna like providers are
> available for git so comments would be welcome here ...
> it would also be great if ffmpeg-git could be hosted on mphq, roots?

That's what we have mphq for.
Although i have to say that i'm quite busy this month and
away most of june. So i hope M?ns or Diego will work on it.

				Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred